Friday, April 24, 2015

Watercolor Fun

Hello.. Today I want to share my latest "toy" with you. I have always been in love with watercoloring. And have been playing with Inktense Watercolor Pencils, Gelatos, Distress Ink Markers and Simply Art watercolor palette.

But 2 days ago I just received the Winsor and Newton Cotman pocket box. Its only around S$25. I'm so excited with the new toy that I started using it that very night. And I love the intensity of the colors. I also bought the pocket sized Strathmore Visual Journal for watercolor. This is so that they are more portable to bring out.


And I'm going to show you the different watercolors by Winsor & Newton, Inktense and Distress Ink Markers.



These 2 stamped images are watercolored with Winsor & Newton watercolor palette. Love the vibrancy of it.

 

This piece is done with Distress Ink Markers. I first stamp the image with Distress Ink, Vintage Linen. Then I use the markers to "draw in the shading and watercolor it. As you can see, its less vibrant in comparison. But good for doing a vintage look.


This piece of 4 images (other than the horse image) is done using Inktense Watercolor Pencils. As the name suggests, the colors are very very intense and pretty. This set of 72 Inktense Watercolor Pencils is abit costly. I think you can get it at Artfriend (Singapore) around S$90. Though price on the high side, its very worth as it contains 72 colors & it last very long.

I love how watercolor is so easily done with a watercolor brush. I have used several brands of watercolor brush and I still prefer the Faber Castell watercolor brush. It gives more control and the water wont seep out so easily. A good point of watercolor brush is you don't need to carry a container of water with you when you are outside. Its so convenient. 

Personally I find that watercolor is more forgiving and easier to pick up than using alcohol markers, acrylic paints etc. I tried both alcohol markers and acrylic paints. Frankly speaking, I'm not that good in coloring. So my alcohol marker images turn out bloggy and ugly. And my acrylic paintings stress me out... LOL.. 

I hope you will be inspired by my sharing and do try out watercoloring. If I can do it, I'm sure alot of you can. Have fun.

Thanks for dropping by.

2 comments: