Friday, November 30, 2012

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge - Buttons

Hello there!! How's your week?? Me busy as usual but something different is, I'm busy with coping with illness!!! First my mother-in-law was hospitalised (she's discharged and under medication now), then me fell sick with food poisoning (had to go same hospital where my mother-in-law is, to be put on saline and medicine drips)and today my hubby had fever and throat infection. Well, I prayed that everyone will get well soon. :)

This week at Frosted Designs, we are challenging you to use 5 buttons or more in your projects. And this week's sponsor is Creative Cuts & More. Do drop by to have a look at their wonderful products.

As Christmas is coming, I made a wreath with jute ribbon and buttons. But Christmas in Singapore is not white Christmas but a warm one. So I also made a simple card with a pale shade of spring colours. I love pastel colours.


I made the trim flower cluster with the flower trim, self-cut burlap leaves, feather and self-made pearl bead vines. Its such a simple touch to the wreath. I layered the buttons to give them dimension and interest.

For the card, I watercolored the wreath with a mixture of water and Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pens. Its easy to color images without much coloring skill with this method. Again I layered the buttons to make the card look less flat. 

I hope you like my projects. Do join us at Frosted Designs for this week's challenge and stand to win a mini album kit. 

Thanks for dropping by.

2 comments:

  1. Your wreath and your card are beautiful! I love the spring colors! I'm sorry you have been sick... I hope you feel better soon!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wreath! now that I know what to do with my 'botak wreath' that i got from spotlight =)

    ReplyDelete