Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sand Castle

Sun, Sand, Sea = Fun!!!

My kids love to build sand castles. Well, I guess all kids do.. Ha ha.. This picture was taken at East Coast Park a few years back. Its the Apple Tree (playgroup) gang gathering. Love how my kids play!! My gal loves making sand castle while my boy loves playing with seawater. He loves to scoop up the water into the pail and pouring into the sand (into the "lake" around the castle). Hmm... funny how come the water level in the "lake" never rises..ha ha..Pure innocence..

Created this layout using the sketch and color palette from The Color Room

A simple, sweet and fun layout. Used distressed stains to create the 3 background colors:



Here, me embossed half the chipboard alphas to create the sand look. Stamped, colored, cut out and layered the castle:


Drew the sun and stamped the clouds, cut out and distressed:


Here's the sketch and color palette:


No comments:

Post a Comment